The entire TruScribe Team that attended ASTD ATD had a fun and productive time exhibiting. Washington D.C. provided nearly perfect weather and lots of great sites.
We went to the International Conference with the express goal of making a meaningful impact on the Learning and Development community. The response we received from those who attended mirrored those expectations. It was fantastic. It was mentioned more than once that none of us had worked a tradeshow booth where people started the conversation with, “I love what you do!” That makes 3 long days of standing, smiling, and shmoozing much easier. So here are a few of our highlights:
1. Videos! If you stopped by our booth, you saw video playing, and perhaps a member of the team showed you some video on their tablet. You can play all of those below.
2. We won an award for “Best Newcomer Booth!” After attending last year, it was actually one of our goals. It garnered us some free publicity in the daily event paper and on the big screen during Wednesday’s morning announcements.
3. We found great collaboration with other exhibitors. The folks at DDI were thrilled to have us draw on their booth summarizing “good” and “bad” leadership.
4. Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum after hours. It seemed like we walked through the space station a dozen times.
5. Meeting new connections, colleagues and clients, of course.
Training and Development is not an easy undertaking. We learned so much about the spectrum of what information designers and managers were looking for. We believe now more than ever that our Whiteboard Video and our Scribology methods are going to explode the effectiveness of your content. Transferring knowledge from your experts to your learners can be fun, engaging and reliably repeated. And we’re ready to get started working with you.
Looking forward to talking with you in the coming year, seeing you at ATD 2015, and hopefully some of the other industry shows you may be attending in between.
The TruScribe Team