Where marketing is concerned is a whitepaper more effective than a case study? What’s the best way to target our next blog post? Does your company focus on mobile strategy or web strategy? What kinds of mobile integrations will enhance our product’s adoption rate? These are just a few conversation starters we heard at Content Marketing World. Any marketing professional knows that content is king, distribution is queen, and conversation is key- so it makes sense that the world’s leading marketers are constantly exploring the landscape collectively and en masse.
Where can you go for great content marketing advice?
Our friends at Enterprise Marketer have elevated that discourse. They have launched a community by marketers, for marketers- a community with an abundance of curated content and conversations that matter. EM is a great place to start learning tips and tricks from experts. The folks behind the site come with impressive pedigrees and real-world experience navigating the swift shifts and sweeping transformations affecting today’s digital marketing landscape.
In short- they know what you want to know, and they’re anticipating what you’ll want to know next.
What will you find when you hit up Enterprise Marketer?
Relevant articles on strategic content, curated from all over the web. Realistic viewpoints straight from the marketing frontlines and new marketing frontiers. Real-time conversations providing perspective, analysis, and tools you can use.
You’ll also find a little bit of TruScribe. Happy to continue one of the many conversations started at #CMW16, our Chief Revenue Officer, Andrew, along with Sam (Director of Business Development) sat down with Jeff and Michelle from EM to share insights on video storytelling to drive engagement. Check out Andrew’s blog post referencing the experience here; eavesdrop on the discussion over on EM at your leisure. And keep an eye on that space- (and this one!)- as the conversation and content keeps flowing.
Our video production process consistently delivers high-quality whiteboard videos. If they say a picture is worth a thousand words, just how much information do you think you could convey by pairing hundreds of individual, instructional images with compelling audio content in a whiteboard scribing video?
Studies have found that the amount of information transferred and retained when conveyed via video format is significantly higher than the amount of learning that occurs when topics are described using either audio or text-based methods alone!
As a result, whiteboard videos represent a great opportunity for conveying complex topics in a way that’s intuitive and easy-to-understand.
Here’s how the video production process works:
- Message Identification: The first step in any TruScribe project is to identify and clarify the message that will be delivered. You can do this on your own, or we can match you up with an experienced copywriter – either way, we won’t move ahead with graphics creation until you’re satisfied that your message has been structured appropriately.
- Concept Sketching: Once we’ve identified the key points that need to be made in your video, we’ll start the process of illustrating these topics with compelling imagery. At TruScribe, we don’t just use pretty pictures in your video animations – the graphics we develop are steeped with additional layers of information and make use of psychological cues to ensure that important points are understood and remembered by your audience.
- Audio Recording: You can either record your own vocal delivery of your message, or we can bring in a talented voice artist to ensure the tone of your video’s audio track sounds just right.
- Video Production: After you’ve signed off on our illustration concepts, we get to work on bringing your video vision to life. Throughout this process, we’ll film “live action” versions of your graphics, sync them up with your audio recording and integrate whatever video stylizations suit your brand and message best.
- Production Wrap-up: Once our initial video recording is complete, we’ll edit your video content, making sure that any custom intro/outro slides are added and that any calls to action you’ve set up will be highly visible in your finished product.
- Launch: After all of these steps have been completed, your message is ready to be set free! To assist you, we provide a variety of video files to suit your needs, including everything from compressed web files to portable Thumbdrive versions to full 1080 HD recordings that are suitable for the big screen.
Once you sign off on your video, it’s yours to use in whatever venue or capacity you deem appropriate. A few examples of situations in which the whiteboard scribing process could be especially useful in communicating complex topics include:
- Scientific Presentations: Whether you’re presenting scientific data to fellow researchers, investors or students, whiteboard scribing is a great way to detail these technical topics in an engaging fashion.
- Technical Sales: If the product or service you’re selling involves highly-technical components that must be discussed and understood as part of the sales process, the use of whiteboard videos can keep your presentation light without compromising its informative value.
- Sharing detailed information with the public: Occasionally, it’s necessary to convey messages to the public that can’t be summed up in a simple press release or article. In these cases, whiteboard videos may offer a more engaging medium for public and private organizations.
To see an example of how whiteboard videos can be used to convey complex topics, take a look at our portfolio page.
We’re always advocates for sharing knowledge so others can learn new things and expand their skills. That’s why we were so impressed with Teeks for Geeks, the self-proclaimed ultimate social learning haven for geeks around the world.
Teeks for Geeks is an online, cloud-powered social network platform where people with various tech knowledge and experience levels can go to learn, train, collaborate, and share knowledge about coding, networking, and IT expertise. It is broken down into two different groups of geeks – the trainees and the gurus. Gurus share their vast knowledge through mini courses of study, called Teeks, with the trainees so they can learn a new skill.
While many Teeks are free, there are also premium courses that you can choose to buy – allowing Gurus to earn money. Trainees can also set up a wish list so others can purchase the premium courses for them. Teeks for Geeks offers a unique self-paced and self-evaluating way of learning with Guru Mate, a software that provides tips and hints along your learning journey so you will never feel stuck. Geeks are also able to collaborate through different social features, like Facebook and Twitter.
Sharing the Experience
With their unique approach, our Teeks for Geeks comrades are easily identifiable with our TruScribe team. We, like the Gurus, bring our already established experience to people new to our whiteboard scribing process. We’ve created more than 160 hand-drawn videos, making us the most experienced video scribing company to date – which means we’ve worked on more scripts, topics, video scribing methods, and launches than anyone else. Take a look at our process to see more about how our experience benefits you.
TruScribe provides a unique way of spreading your message, whether it’s to an audience as small as your start-up business or as big as an entire nation. British Airline Pilots Association (BALPA) recently utilized TruScribe’s video scribing to help spread the word to the UK against a proposal that could potentially put flying safety at risk.
Once the recession hit Europe, airline companies really started to feel the pressure to increase their staff productivity. The EU seemed to come up with a solution by proposing a new rule that would alter the flying time limitations placed on Britain Airline pilots. And though it seemed good in theory, BALPA stressed the rule as being misguided and potentially fatal. If passed, the rule would allow pilots to fly at a state of fatigue equal to four times the legal blood alcohol limit for flying. With the UK having one of the best air safety records in the world, pilots are cautioning others that they do not want to wait for a fatal crash, like the Colgan Air Crash in New York, to show how dangerous fatigued flying is. BALPA came to TruScribe to create a video scribe encouraging the people in the UK to sign a petition against this new regulation.
There is no better way to spread word faster than having something go viral in today’s day and age. Using a medium where you can showcase both an audio and visual message is vital. Here at TruScribe, our technique of video scribing uses constant motion to draw in the audience and make it easier to hold its attention for the duration of the video. And the repetitive use of the safety net image directly correlated to the assured security pilots and the people of the UK need. Emma Chisholm, Head of Marketing & Communications at BALPA, explained how the flexible approach, creative integrity, and understanding of client service made her experience with TruScribe a success.
For more information about whiteboard video scribing, contact us today.
If you ask an artist to paint a picture of a beach they’ve never been to, how good will the painting be? If you ask a sports writer to describe how the Security and Exchange Commission works, how accurate will that description be? You may not be a good whiteboard artist or a great storyteller, but it takes two to tango! You know your profession like no one else, so why wouldn’t you want to participate in telling your story the way it should be told? That’s why we ask our clients to join the TruScribe team to set their message free with a whiteboard animation animation that will not only look great but effectively get their message across.
Things That We Do Well
Yes, we’re artists and storytellers. This is what we do for a living. We know all of the tricks to transforming your story into compelling drawings on a whiteboard and making them come to life via whiteboard animation animation. We’re strong at:
- Listening and understanding your message
- Visualizing how to translate your message into images
- Crafting a story that your audience can easily process
- Bringing your whiteboard animation to life with video scribing
- Leveraging Scribology to maximize delivery and retention of information
- Packaging your video up so that you can publish and share it online anywhere, anytime
Things That You Do Well
This is your message. You know how to explain what you do to business partners, clients and the general public. You know what makes their eyes roll up when you make a Powerpoint presentation. You know the “sticking points” that often lead to confusion and lost sales. You know the hurdles that staffers need to leap to get managers on board and onward up the food chain. We need your help to:
- Dissect your complex message into its most important parts
- Visualize the flow of information and decision points
- Identify the sticking points or barriers to understanding
- Point out the foibles and misdirections that lead to calamity
- Find the right analogy and storyline that will be compelling and memorable
Together we can make an incredible whiteboard animation that grabs your audience’s attention and helps them gain new insights. With our skills and your knowledge, we can deliver something outstanding.
You never know, we might even turn you into a whiteboard artist in your own right.