Before any video launches, we schedule a kickoff meeting, typically by phone—though we’re always up for visitors—between you, our client, and your TruScribe video producer.
It’s interesting to note that many of our clients are initially drawn to TruScribe for our creative insight and video expertise, but end up returning to us again and again because they see the added value in our process. After you’ve thoroughly discussed your objectives and all the contractual fine print with our stellar biz dev team, you’re introduced to our production process. The kickoff is the first step of that process, and it further cements the bond between our team and our client.
What to Prepare for Your Video Kickoff
As a client, there are a few things you can do to prepare for the kickoff and ensure that you get the most out of your initial TruScribe meeting.
Before going into the kickoff, review your TruScribe agreement, especially the Statement of Work (SOW) that contains your scope and deliverables. You’ll probably want to keep it handy during the meeting, too.
What to Expect During the Kickoff
During the kickoff, your producer will be covering all of the deliverables. And you can also ask questions about additional deliverables you’re still considering.
- Script writing or script assistance: If you have the script ready for your video, we will work to optimize it. Otherwise, we have a great script questionnaire that we use with our expert scriptwriters who will work with you to get the script just right.
- Voiceover: Maybe you have someone in your company who will be doing to voiceover. If not, we will work with you to find the right voice talent for your video.
- Drawings: We will explain how the process will work. Don’t worry, the drawings are our responsibility, not yours!
- Video production: We will walk you through the filming and editing process, where all the pieces of your video come together.
- Localization services: Translation and adapting the video for varying regional consumption is an option.
- ADA Compliance: We can help you ensure your videos are ADA compliant, including using closed captions and video descriptions.
- Additional media: Some videos need additional media to effectively tell your story. We’ve got you covered with our media insert treatment.
Your producer is your TruScribe touchstone, and they’ll guide you through these deliverables and what it will take from you and from our team to complete each deliverable on time and within scope.
“On time and within scope” may seem like a lofty statement from a creative video production agency. But it truly is what sets us apart. In the kickoff call, you’ll begin to see why. We’ll have carefully crafted a schedule for you of milestones—those deliverables we mentioned—and the tasks associated with each milestone, along with who’s responsible for what.
That’s right- you’ll have tasks too, but we’ll make it easy on you. Your tasks are typically fun stuff like chatting with your artist within a collaborative portal (another thing we will introduce you to on the call) or sitting in on a phone call with a renowned voiceover talent, acting as a director of sorts.
You’ll see on the schedule a start and end date for each task, and all phases will be organized to get you to your ultimate deadline, which you hopefully determined prior to the kickoff.
Our typical turnaround time when everyone is meeting their task deadline? About 20 business days, though we’re certainly able to slow it down or speed it up in accordance with your needs.